Who we are
This policy is to inform you of the type of personal information Dad’s Awesome Life collects and how it is processed and used, per US and EU Privacy Guidelines.
Personal Information Collected
Personal information collected on this website is used in the following capacity.
- Contact Form – I ask for your name and email address on this form. This information is only used to respond to your inquiry and is not stored anywhere except for Google‘s servers since that is my email provider.
- Email Collection – My mailing list provider is MailChimp. If you decide to subscribe, your email address will be stored on their servers. You can access and manage your information anytime.
- Comments – Leaving a comment on a post requires that your email address is provided. Your email is stored in the site’s database securely. Personal information is never provided to anyone else, for any reason. Gravatar will use your email address to associate a user picture in your comments if a Gravatar account exists for that email address.
- Site-Wide Data – All content on this website, including your comments, are backed up to Google Drive and a local file server for disaster-recovery reasons.
Anonymous Information Collected
IP addresses of all visitors to this site are collected. These IP addresses are used in the following capacity:
- Google Analytics – To identify where traffic is coming from
- CloudFlare – To identify potential attack traffic and stop it
- A2 Hosting – To log all website traffic and identify potential attack traffic and stop it
Additional anonymous information, such as web browser, screen resolution, operating system and device (PC or mobile) are collected through header information on your visit. This information is used by Google Analytics to help provide the best browsing experience possible.
You can disable cookies through your browser settings if you wish to not have cookies stored for this website.
Dad’s Awesome Life makes no warranties as to the accuracy of any privacy policies of third-party entities that information is shared with.
If you have concerns about how your information is collected on this site, please contact me.